Elissa also has a new trick. She likes to use her bounce and spin Zebra like a balancing beam. I tried to upload a video of her doing this but it wouldn't work. I know this isn't the safest trick and we probably shouldn't be encouraging it by taking pictures and videos!! But, we were right there---hovering!!! Compared to some of the things this girl has tried.....you don't even want to know! Well, she balances for a little bit, then she plops back down in a sitting position and laughs!!! Maybe she'll be a gymnast or a trick rider. Anyway, here is a pic Elissa's new trick:
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Elissa is 18 months old!!
I know it's been a while since I posted and I'm sorry about that! The last few weeks are kind of a blur honestly. We're trying to get more involved--in church and other activities. So things are busy and fun! Unfortunately we've also been fighting off colds!!! Well, my pictures are a little out of order so I'm sorry about that!! We went to Matt's parent's house this weekend and had a lot of fun (even with our colds!). The boys love riding their gator and Elissa got in on the action on this trip! She LOVES it--no fear in this girl!!!

Elissa is 18 months old today! 18 months is a big deal to me!! My baby is a year and a half old! It's hard to believe!! She's still a tiny thing--she's only 20 lbs 12 oz which is barely on the chart. Like I told the doctor--she eats GREAT!!! She eats anything we give her! She just RUNS ALL DAY LONG!! She also sleeps great--normally close to 12 hours a night and a 2 hour nap!! She's just BUSY, BUSY, BUSY when she's awake!! The pictures below were taken before her brother gave her a hair cute. Yep, that's right Brannon gave her a hair cut. She doesn't have a lot of hair but she has a lot in the back (compared to on top). So she kind of had this awful mullet thing going. I knew I needed to trim it up and help her out but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Well, while we were playing one day Brannon was using his child safety scissors but decided cutting paper was too boring. He cut Elissa's hair. Bad thing--I didn't even notice it at first--quick little joker! I was putting her in her high chair for lunch and saw hair on her clothes. I freaked out of course but then I just trimmed it up to be a little more even. I was able to cut it while she ate her lunch. And.......well, don't tell Brannon....but it looks better! She still looks like my sweet little girl...just no mullet!! We're hoping it will grow out more evenly and thicker now!! (You might can see the difference in the pictures above of them in the gator which was AFTER the trim)


Elissa also has a new trick. She likes to use her bounce and spin Zebra like a balancing beam. I tried to upload a video of her doing this but it wouldn't work. I know this isn't the safest trick and we probably shouldn't be encouraging it by taking pictures and videos!! But, we were right there---hovering!!! Compared to some of the things this girl has tried.....you don't even want to know! Well, she balances for a little bit, then she plops back down in a sitting position and laughs!!! Maybe she'll be a gymnast or a trick rider. Anyway, here is a pic Elissa's new trick:
Elissa also has a new trick. She likes to use her bounce and spin Zebra like a balancing beam. I tried to upload a video of her doing this but it wouldn't work. I know this isn't the safest trick and we probably shouldn't be encouraging it by taking pictures and videos!! But, we were right there---hovering!!! Compared to some of the things this girl has tried.....you don't even want to know! Well, she balances for a little bit, then she plops back down in a sitting position and laughs!!! Maybe she'll be a gymnast or a trick rider. Anyway, here is a pic Elissa's new trick:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
She is so cute!! She has your eyes. And what a daredevil climbing that toy! You've got your handful!!
omg Collin does the same thing with the zebra. and actually hes even worse, its pushed in the corner so he stands up on it with his hands on the wall and bounces, hes so crazy. i cant' believe shes 18 months and i really can't believe brannon is almost 4. we miss you guys so much!
I can't believe how big all your kids are getting! We miss you!
I miss you all so much too!! I'm glad we can all stay in touch through blogs and everything! I'm glad to know Elissa's not the only dare devil out there--and I do have my hands full with her Nicole! As exhausting as it is--she is so much fun!!!
Post a Comment