8 years old!
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Happy 8th Birthday, Blake!!
I can't believe it! My little boy is turning 8!! It's amazing how fast the last 8 years have gone! Blake's in 2nd grade now and is doing really well. He's turned into a little book worm like his momma! He puts away chapter books in a day! I love that he loves to read!! I just hope it sticks with him. He also loves playing his Wii games and playing outside. He and a couple of neighborhood boys have made a little secret club/fort that they play in. He came in today covered in mud. After being cooped up for 2 weeks of rain, I didn't care!! It was nice to see him having fun outside--helped he was in old clothes too ;-). While we of course have our moments (who doesn't, right??), he really is a sweet kid. He really is a big helper! He loves to help his dad on projects and I really don't know what I would do without him some mornings! He's always giving his little brother advice about school--it's so cute to hear him pass on his experiences. But don't tell him I said that--he doesn't like to be called cute! Blake has always been independent but I'm happy to say that he will still give me a big hug when I drop him off at school in the morning and hold my hand as we cross the parking lot in the afternoon! I sure hope this lasts a bit longer. It amazes me to see how much he's grown over the years. As I tell him, he will always be my baby! Happy Birthday, my sweet boy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment