Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Well, we had planned on taking the kids to a Harvest Festival at a local church tonight. But the weather was just too nasty. It's rainy, windy, and cold. I figured no one would have a very good time. We still dressed them up and took a few pictures and then carved a pumpkin. They've been having fun anyway! Last year the kids dressed up like Peter Pan characters, this year we went with Monster's Inc. characters. Whenever I put Elissa's hair in pigtails Matt calls her "Boo." This happened a few weeks ago and Blake came up with the idea for the Monster's Inc. characters for Halloween. So, Blake is Sully, Brannon is Mike, and Elissa is Boo. We had a lot of fun putting their costumes together!

Most of you know I don't sew! But my mom walked me through it step by step--thanks for being so patient, Mom!!! We used a kangaroo costume pattern and made a few alterations to make Sully. For Brannon, we made Mike out of a monster costume we found on clearance at The Children's Place. We just added an eye and a mouth and we had Mike! We were even able to steal the eyeballs that came from the monster costume for part of Elissa's costume. There were two parts to the Boo costume--"Boo" with her monster costume and without.











Hopefully, I'll have some more pictures tomorrow of trick or treating and our Halloween block party!

No comments: