Sunday, April 3, 2011

Our baby is here!

Well, I might be a little slow in posting this but I hope you all can forgive a new mommy of 4, right? Our baby boy made is appearance two weeks ago-thank you super moon!!! I went into labor on March 19. I started having more and more contractions that evening but I still wasn't sure if they were the real thing. I had been having so many contractions for days! I spent most of the evening shopping with my mom. After I got home around 8 or 9:00pm I realized that this was probably the real thing--still was scared the contractions would just stop. I called my mom to see if she'd come spend the night with us just in case we had to go to the hospital sometime that night. I told her not to hurry, that my contractions weren't evenly spaced or all that painful but they did keep coming. Finally around 10:45pm, about the time my mom got to our house, I realized they were staying 5 minutes apart so we decided it was time to call my doctor and get to the hospital. When we made that decision they jumped to about 2-3 minutes apart. We got to the hospital a little after 11:00pm. Everything seemed to go very fast once we were there. I was 7cm when the nurse first checked me. Then the doctor came in to break my water and I was already 8-9cm. The doctor told me if I felt the urge to push I could. I never felt the urge but he came back in soon and said I needed to start pushing because the baby's heart rate was going down with each contraction. I had a hard time pushing even though it was nit a problem with my others. Turns out our little guy was turned the wrong way--also the reason I never had the urge to push. He wanted to come into this world face up--explained why I had so much back pain towards the end! The doctor turned him and then he was here!!

Nathaniel Thomas was born at 12:45am on March 20. He was so alert for such a long time after he was delivered! The nurses couldn't get over how big his eyes were and how long he stayed awake!


When his big brothers and sister came to the hospital the next day, Elissa looked at the baby and said, very casually, "Is that the baby brother?" They all can't get enough of him--always asking to hold him!



He is such a sweet baby! He's sleeping like a champ at night which his daddy and I are so grateful for!! He loves to be held and cuddled and I'm enjoying every minute of it!
I'll post some more pictures later!

No comments: