Tuesday, June 14, 2011

End of the School Year

It's summer time!!! Okay....well, we're really about 3 weeks into summer and I'm just now getting this up but oh well! We made it through the school year with me holding my breath and hoping and praying my little guy didn't get sick. I mean, let's face it....he had 2 big brothers bringing home just a different germ everyday from the petri dish we call school! Well, we made it through without the little guy catching anything!! Yay!! This mama breathed a HUGE sigh of relief. Well, 2 weeks into summer little Nate's nose got all yucky and he was struggling to breath well--especially at night! Then he spiked a fever which sent us running to the doctor. Turns out little man had a double ear infection! We had to take him for blood work to make sure that was the only infection and he's been on antibiotics and doing some breathing treatments! But he is doing so well! The infection (thankfully!) was only in his ears and hopefully those are about cleared up! I've never had one of my babies get sick so early. He was such a trooper though! Even when he wasn't feeling well, he would still smile at me! But boy did those smiles get bigger when he started feeling better!!!

But before all that we were wrapping up a school year for Blake and Brannon and gearing up for SUMMER! Here are some pictures of our last few days of the school year:

I made up these buckets for the boys as a little gift for the end of the school year. They've both worked hard and done so well!!!
I was able to get the cute summer printables from Shindig Parties to Go. She has such cute stuff! I just put some fun summery stuff in the buckets--some bubbles, water toys, and some Hawaiian punch.
Here are the teacher gifts for the end of the school year. More free printables--I just can't remember where I found them now! :-( But I ordered the bags from a friend who sells Thirty-One gifts and then filled them with some goodies!

I made some Chocolate-Peanut Butter Crunch Bars which is a Pampered Chef recipe that is in the Season's Best cookbook...which I also included! And then I found some cute summer time dish towels. I had fun putting these together for the boys' teachers! They both loved their teachers and had a great school year!
Blake's class put on a "wax museum" towards the end of the school year. Each student picked a historical character and researched him/her. They then dressed up like the person they had chosen and had a speech memorized with important facts. Blake chose Paul Revere. I was fortunate that my mom had a costume that was perfect for Blake's part! He did great! I think he really had a lot of fun with it! He wasn't thrilled with getting dressed up at first but then I think he really got into it and enjoyed it!

They had an informal Kindergarten graduation. I struggled getting any good pictures but here's Brannon at the end of graduation:
Brannon and the awards he got at graduation! He was so proud!!

Blake also received several awards--perfect attendance, academic excellence, marathon club, and a reading award. His funniest was a class voted award--"Future President!"
Blake's class also had "Author's Day" on the last day of school. They each read stories they had written in front of the class and parents. Blake's story was "How to be Cool in the 3rd Grade!"


It's hard to believe this school year is over! It's hard to believe that Brannon is done with Kindergarten and going into 1st grade!! I told Blake that's supposed to still be him. He didn't appreciate that--you know, being a 4th grader and all!!! Elissa will start school--PreK--in the fall. She is so excited to go to school with her "boys!" Ahhh! They are growing up so fast!!!

No comments: