Well, my pictures are out of order but I'm too lazy to go back and fix them ;-). The boys went back to school a week ago so I'm already a little late getting these up. (Yes, WAY.TOO.EARLY!! in my opinion) Of course my 4th and 1st graders didn't want to have much to do with taking pictures this year. And no more of that "mommy walking them in" business either :-(. Although that kind of makes me sad, it makes me very proud at the same time!! Blake's teacher is a good friend of my mom's and we're very excited he's in her class! He came home after the 1st day and said his day was "awesome!" I was thrilled!! Although, he's having a hard time getting out of vacation mode...who wouldn't when it still feels very much like summer outside! Brannon has one of Blake's previous teachers and I think he's going to have a great year too! I'm glad that they're both still excited about going to school. And while the boys have been in school for a week, Elissa started yesterday. My baby girl started PreK!! She was so excited to start. She walked into that school like she owned the place. I hope that confidence and excitement lasts throughout her school years.
Elissa in her classroom on her first day. I'm so proud of her. I have to admit that there were a few times throughout the day where I found myself tearing up but I'm also so glad that she's so confident in herself and can march into that classroom ready for the day. She may be one of the youngest and smallest but it doesn't phase her at all!

Trying to get a picture of the boys on their first day. Elissa had to join...excuse the bed head!!

Hello 4th and 1st grade!!

Elissa's backpack and nap towel ready for school!! And yes, she likes purple and pink...you know, just a little bit!

Striking a pose! She's ready for her first day!!

So, we're all still trying to get in the groove but I think it's going to be a great school year for all of them!!
And of course, I couldn't leave Nate out! Daddy and Nate stayed at the house while I took the big kids to school and this is what they did. Please excuse the mess in the background...it amazes me what those kids can do in just a few minutes in the morning!!! It was nice that when I got home I cleaned up the living room and it stayed clean all day!!! Of course I guess it won't be long and Nate will take over the mess making during the day!






No comments:
Post a Comment