We spent another day of our spring break at the aquarium. I think this was my favorite! I've been wanting to go since it opened several years ago and we finally got to go!
We LOVED the Beluga whales! They are so friendly and playful! They kept coming right up to the window and rubbing against it, almost like they were letting the kids pet them.
This part of the aquarium was by far Nate's favorite. I took him through this tunnel twice. He was in the backpack like in the first picture and I could feel him leaning back as much as he could to get a good look at all the fish, sharks, whale sharks, and manta rays swimming above us. The whale sharks and manta rays are HUGE!!!!!
My sister got a lot of really cool pictures! The kids really got to see such a variety of animals at the aquarium. I hope we can go back again someday with their daddy.....and maybe on a day when it's not so crowded and we can spend a little more time looking at everything!!
The aquarium now has dolphins and a very elaborate dolphin show. I was really looking forward to seeing it. Elissa had a huge meltdown right before it so I didn't know if we were going to stay and watch it! Luckily she calmed down and really enjoyed the show--probably the most out of everyone! Nate slept through the whole thing...guess he didn't find it all that exciting ;-).
Directly across from the aquarium is the World of Coke so we walked over there when we were done. After the crowds at the aquarium it was wonderful to see that it wasn't crowded! There really is a lot to see but the kids were most excited to get to the tasting room!
| The vault for the secret formula |
| "Why can't I have some Coke?" |
Had to get some pictures of this considering this is the kind of work Matt does!!
Finally the tasting room!! The kids don't normally get stuff like this so they thought this was the coolest thing ever! It was fun getting to taste all the different flavors that they have in different countries. I really liked a kiwi mango one from South Africa! Oh, and I learned that Europeans must like to drink cleaning products--yuck! Out of all these crazy flavors to try the boys stuck to the North America section--taking advantage of their chance to get Mr. Pibb and Mellow Yellow since we never give them that around here! Elissa became a little pink blur with all the sugar pumping through her little system. She was chattering away...sounded something like this: "mamaireallylikecokeit'sreallyreallygood"
With their souvenir bottles!
WIPED OUT after a long, fun, sugar filled day! She crashed before we could even get out of the parking lot! Her Coca-cola bear made a great pillow!
We took a day off to rest (and boy did we need it after this busy day!) and then headed out one more time on our spring break for the Fernbank Museum. I'll post those pics next!






No comments:
Post a Comment