Monday, August 20, 2012

Elissa's 5th Birthday--A Beauty & the Beast Princess Tea Party

Our sweet baby girl turned 5 this weekend!  So hard to believe this round faced baby is now 5 years old!  

Elissa is truly our little princess in this house of boys!  She is one feisty little princess at that!  She is girly and prissy but she can hang with those boys too!  She's always moving...always in action!  She can be in her frilliest of dresses but still grab a water gun or nerf sword or light saber and get into the action with her brothers!  She is full of life and energy...and stubbornness!  I love watching her tell a story--she is so expressive!   I feel so blessed that God gave me this little bit of "sugar and spice" in my very "frogs and snails and puppy dog tails" world.  Elissa keeps us guessing and definitely keeps life interesting around here.  We love our little princess!   



This year, Elissa asked for a "Beauty & the Beast" party.  I thought a fun way to do that would be to have a princess tea party for a few of her friends.  We had so much fun!  I had so much fun putting this together for my little girl.  She's kind of had a rough summer...the older boys teamed up and tended to leave her out.  They would even let "toddler godzilla" (aka Nate) into their room but not her.  So, it was fun doing something that was special and just for her.

I surprised Elissa the morning of her party (and her actual birthday).....

 I dressed up like Belle (in her peasant dress)!  In was so much fun surprising my princess (not to mention I got to practice my sewing skills haha!).
  
Then we got Elissa all dressed up like Belle.  I even had her hair up like Belle's but it only lasted about 10 minutes!  But I think she made a beautiful princess Belle!


We had a make up station for the girls and they enjoyed putting on eye shadow, shimmering powder, and lip gloss.  I didn't get a picture but I had a little tube of lip gloss for each little girl.  Elissa's Nana also did the little girls' nails.  I had a few other activities (decorating crowns and coloring sheets) but the little girls seemed to enjoy the make up the most--and just playing together!  Elissa has such sweet friends!

The table all ready for her tea party!  I served the girls pink "tea" (okay it was just strawberry lemonade!)

I had fun making these rose balls to decorate the table from dollar store roses--so easy and cheap and made such a pretty impact!


Gotta brag about this a little bit--I got this banner from vistaprint for FREE!  Yes, for free!  They had a huge sale where they offered all sorts of things for free.  I was able to get her invitations, this banner, and the stickers I used to decorate her goody bags for free.  (Along with a ton of other stuff for our MOPS group...I might have to make a post about that soon!).


Elissa had this pretty little Belle doll cake, bubble gum cupcakes, and pink velvet cupcakes with swiss meringue buttercream.  It was the first time I made swiss meringue buttercream and it was so good!  I can't wait to use it more!


Here are her goody bags!  I racked up in the clearance bin at Wal-mart!  I didn't want to put a lot of candy in there but I did pick up some candy princess bracelets at Party City.  Love their aisle where you can pick up just a few pieces of candy for very little $ (so you don't have to buy a whole bag!).


My favorite piece of decoration--thanks to my mom and sister--the rose in the glass bell jar!  My sister has lots of old books and she let me use some to decorate with.  One idea I had was to make dust jackets for some books with titles like "Tale as Old as Time" and other Beauty & the Beast or princess themes but maybe next time ;-).  The jar and stand came from a Christmas decoration that my mom had.  Some of the pieces had broken off and she allowed me to take the rest apart to create the rose decoration.  (I can totally fix it again but I think my sister likes the rose better than the Christmas tree hehe).





 The little tea set below is something I've had stashed away since before Elissa was even born!  I've been waiting until the right time to give it to her and I figured this was it!  It's a beautiful little set I got from Southern Living at Home (now Willow House).  


My sweet princess and me!  Love you so much Elissa!  


No comments: