Saturday, July 11, 2009

Our NC trip Part 1

I'm a little slow on getting these posted but better late than never! We spent a couple of weeks in NC recently. Actually our boys were able to spend a total of 5 weeks there--and Blake makes sure he tells everyone we see this little tidbit! They had an absolute wonderful time! They swam everyday and had all sorts of adventures! I have a ton of pictures and a few stories so I figured I'd post in parts! I'm a little overwhelmed trying to sort it all out! Here's a little glimpse of our favorite place to be:

Tell me that's not beautiful??!!
The boys with their buddy Rusty. Brannon is always very cautious with dogs but within a couple of days he and Rusty were good buddies!! They love to throw the ball and sticks in the water for Rusty to fetch--and Rusty loves to swim and fetch them!




My boys fishing--Brannon caught his first fish on this trip! I tried to upload the picture but it didn't show up!


Elissa took the opportunity to ride her brother's bike while they were busy fishing. She enjoyed herself on this trip. I was actually dreading it...last year she was into everything and I was chasing her all the time...and she wasn't even walking!!!! But she's actually calmed down some. She didn't feel the need to pull everything out and terrorize Nana's house! She loved playing with her brothers and swimming!


Elissa did a few new things on this trip. One day she started wandering down the beach and I told her a couple of times to come back. She turned around and looked at me and said, "No!" Brannon's eyes got really big and he said, "You don't say no to Mommy!" Needless to say she got into some trouble that day. She said it a few more times that day, getting a little quieter each time. She's not even 2 yet! I haven't heard it since that day....maybe she learns fast? I can hope right!

Look at this sweet face!!! Who would have thought...? ;-)




Every year we get fresh corn. The man who owns the land in this area brings it to us from his garden and it is soooo good! Elissa loves it as much as her Nana and I do!! If you ever have the chance to get Ambrosia (have no idea if that's the correct spelling) corn, get it! It's the best!




My little swimmers! Elissa loves the water..she's such a water baby!







Blake had a great time in the water everyday--he loves to splash everyone!


I have more pictures coming! We had an adventure with a black bear so I'll post that tomorrow! Off to bed for now!










No comments: