Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blake's 9th Birthday!

We have had a very busy and fun birthday weekend! We had a lot of fun with the pirate theme Blake chose for his birthday!

Blake's birthday was Friday and his school had a fall field day. Talk about a great way to spend your birthday at school! His class was the green team and this is what our big man looked like when he got home from school:

Friday evening he had some neighborhood friends over for a small birthday party. They had a scavenger/treasure hunt. The ran around our yard for a while with clue and found little treasure boxes filled with pirate loot--pirate eye patches, temporary pirate tattoos, gold coins, candy, and other little treasures. I think they had a lot of fun! My sister helped decorate our basement up for their little party. They had snacks and cupcakes while they watched movies or played games. Blake said it was the best birthday ever! Success!!!
Then, on Saturday, we had a family celebration. Jenn did a great job on the cake above, didn't she? We made the dinner Blake requested--hamburgers, hot dogs, and mac-n-cheese.


Blowing out his candles....some of those were supposed to be trick candles...they didn't work!

This child loves some Legos. We had told him he had so many, that he shouldn't expect more so I think he was excited. Matt and I got him a baseball equipment bag and we're going to let him pick out a new bat later this week. He also got several games. I think his favorite was a bow that Nana and Papa C. got him. I think he's excited to learn how to bow hunt with his dad!
Here's our big man at 9! He's growing up so fast!!

No comments: