I've been wanting to post all these pictures for a while but we've been having so much trouble with our internet that I just couldn't get them uploaded. So, while it's working (not sure how long it will last!) I'll get these up! We left the day after Christmas to visit Matt's family in North Carolina. I wasn't sure how the trip would go...considering we'd have to put our busy 9 month old in a car seat for a full day! If you remember, he got a new car seat for Christmas and I was praying that this would help! And boy did it!! It's like a magic seat! He slept a good chunk of the trip!
Once we got to Matt's parents house in North Carolina the kids crawled (yes, even the big kids were crawling!) around and used up some of the pent up energy!
They were playing a version of tag that worked for Nate! As good as he was in the car, Nate sure enjoyed his time crawling all over the house!
I had to throw in this picture of a picture. This is a baby picture of Matt at his grandmother's house. She says that Nate reminds her so much of Matt because of this picture and I could see why!
I loved watching my 3 boys play together while were there! Nate is getting to where he wants to be wherever his "biggins" are! The big boys are great sports about building towers just so Nate can know them down!
I thought it was hysterical that I was reading on Facebook the day after Christmas that several of my friends were taking down their Christmas trees as Brannon and Nana were putting decorations up on this one! But it sure was a pretty tree to enjoy while we were there!
The weather was absolutely beautiful while we were there!! Most days felt more like spring than winter!! As you can tell the boys seemed to think it was spring break...
My beautiful girl and handsome baby boy!
You can probably tell that most of the docks are in bad shape. This is hurricane damage.
This is what we were greeted with when we woke up to 2012! Absolutely beautiful! I don't think I've ever seen the river this slick--it really was slick as glass!
Brannon got the hang of riding a bike with no training wheels. He is our extremely cautious child. We offered him a new bike for his birthday last year. We were going to even let him pick it out but he wasn't interested. He has just stuck to his scooter. But while we were at the river, his daddy got him riding! So, this year, guess who's getting a bike for his birthday?!
Thought I'd share some of the sunrise pictures we got on the morning that we left.
It was a wonderful trip! And a great way to start the new year!






No comments:
Post a Comment