Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Cakes!
Well, my new obsession...whoops, I mean hobby ;-), is cake decorating. The first cake pictured is actually the second cake I did--but it's my favorite! It was Elissa's 1st birthday cake! It was a yummy strawberry lemonade cake (doctored cake mix) with cool whip and strawberry filling. It's all buttercream icing but the bow and #1 are fondant. Fortunantly I'm getting better now at smoothing the buttercream!
Here's another shot of the cake after we cut--see that yummy filling??
This was the first cake I did for my Wilton Course 1 class. The class happened to fall on the first day of school so I did the school bus. I really had to hussle to finish it because the boys were about to die to dig into it!
This was my final cake for my Wilton Course 1 class. I added some small pink flowers to the border but they didn't make the picture. Matt was snapping some quick pictures and then running for the knife. He had been ready to eat the chocolate cake since I baked it the night before. And see, I'm getting a little better at smoothing that buttercream...still needs some work though!
Oh, and those roses actually have hershey kisses in the middle. Our instructor showed us that neat trick--it makes it easier to make the roses and it's a nice little treat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
yummy! i would like a slice of each...and make sure I get a flower with a kiss in it!! WOW GIRL those look great!
Wow! I didn't realize that you have posted so much! First, Elissa is so precious...well, you boys too of course. Second, those cakes are awesome. They look like you have been doing it for years. if you lived closer I would pay you to make all my cakes! ;) congratulations!
Post a Comment