Brannon on his way to the dentist--giving me a grin to show his lack of a tooth!
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
"All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth!"
We had a crazy weekend! Brannon--that's right--I didn't mix up the names this time--my sweet 3 year old baby Brannon lost a tooth!! Matt was brushing his teeth before nap time and it just fell out! I am ashamed to say that I completely freaked out. I went on a mad dash for the phone book and started calling dentist offices. Of course this was a Saturday so all I got were answering services. And no one seemed to think it was a big deal but me! I cried and cried and then cried some more. I couldn't believe my 3 year old was missing a tooth! And to top it off, the one next to it is ready to fall out too. I had all sorts of horrible things going through my head on what could be wrong but of course tried to tell myself it was no big deal--he was just ahead of the game! So, we went to the dentist this morning and everything is fine. The dentist said that they had probably suffered some trauma (3 rough housing boys in this house--ya, think???) and the roots had just dissolved. He said the body will try to protect the permanent teeth so the roots to the baby teeth were allowed to dissolve away and now he's loosing them. Fortunantly the only roots missing were to the top two teeth--all his others will be fine. So Brannon will probably be wishing for his two front teeth for a few more Christmases! I can laugh about it now although it still makes me a little sad to see him without his baby tooth! So here are a few pics:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment