Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, I guess this post is a little late but Happy New Year anyway! I hope you all have had a great start into 2009! We have had so much rain around here lately! Most of our Christmas break was very rainy and yucky! Poor Blake was stuck inside during most of his vacation--but of course he still found fun things to do! The weather cleared up Sunday afternoon and we decided to take a little walk . I thought we would just take a quick stroll but we ending up exploring what used to be the cart path of the golf course (it's closed right now--waiting on new owners). It was so much fun! Here are some pictures of our little adventure:

Blake on his bike when we left the house:
We found this bridge that crossed a little creek. It's part of the golf cart path.









I'm glad we took off and did this Sunday afternoon because more rain came in. Of course we need the rain desperately so we're very thankful for it! But, I'm glad the kids were able to run around outside. I'm waiting for another nice day so we can go do it again and see what else we can find!
On Sunday we also finished up a sermon series, "Peace on Earth." The pastor talked about how peace ultimately comes by refusing to lose what God has done for us--refusing to forget about all the good God does. God has definitely blessed us this year! Taking a walk Sunday afternoon with my family reminded me just how much! We have 3 beautiful, healthy children. And although this move was hard, He moved us closer to both of our families --really close to mine! And of course he has blessed us with a house we absolutely love in a beautiful neighborhood in a beautiful area! We have found such a wonderful church that I feel will become our church home. I'm hoping in 2009 I can hold more tightly to all the good God does in our lives because I know I have so much to be thankful for! I also thought I'd share a verse from our Sunday service that brought tears to my eyes and chill bumps to my arms:
"I am leaving you with a gift--peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give isn't like the peace the world gives. So don't be troubled or afraid. Remember what I told you: I am going away, but I will come back to you again..." John 14:27-28 (NLT)





No comments: