Sunday, January 18, 2009

Our fun weekend!!

Our friends--the Chilsons--came for a visit this weekend! We have known Matt and Jess for a long time! We were all good friends in high school. The live hundreds of miles away now but we've kept in touch and we're thrilled to spend the time with them and their sweet children. They have 3 kids like us--2 boys and a girl. Their son Joshua was born only 6 weeks after Brannon. Asher's (their middle child) b-day is coming up so I made him a cake so we could have a small celebration while they were here. You can see pics of that here.

Here's a pic of our 6 kids before eating cake. I couldn't seem to get one with them all looking.
We decided to let the four boys have a slumber party in their room complete with tents. Blake is helping zip up Joshua and Brannon's tent.

I promise they weren't scared at this moment--in fact they started grinning right after I snapped the picture.


Blake was probably the most thrilled about the tents!

Blake and Asher in a tent. Although he looks happy here, Asher decided this wasn't were he wanted to sleep. It was probably a wise choice--Blake moves too much when he sleeps ;-) Maybe next time!


Sweet boy!


Lydia and Elissa on Saturday morning.




I was jealous of this head full of hair--I wish Lydia could share with Elissa!
This weekend made me wish we lived closer so our kids could play more often but I'm so glad that we had this time with them. The kids all had fun and I know ours can't wait until they come back!








2 comments:

Nicole Bolinger said...

I love visiting old friends. Looks Like y'all had a lot of fum. And your cake was AWESOME!! You are really good!

The Chilsons said...

We DID have a lot of fun! You got some great photos girl! I hope to post some soon! It was so much fun!!! NOW, it is time for bed, got to rest up for all the snow we are supposed to get tonight!