Monday, June 24, 2013

Cold Soccer Season

We had our 3 big kids playing soccer this spring season.  Probably a big reason I've been absent from this blog...we were at the soccer fields 4 days of the week between all their practices and games.  Having 3 playing made for lots of overlapped practices and games...sometimes having to get creative in how to get everyone where they needed to be!  They all enjoyed it though and looking back it really did go by fast....although we were relieved to have some free time back once it was over!  

They're first Saturday of games was March 2nd and it was COLD--as you can tell from the pictures! Most of our season was actually pretty cold...finally warming up towards the end!

The first day of games was one of those times of overlapped games.  Brannon's game started in the middle of Elissa's so I stayed for Elissa's and Matt to Brannon to his.  I managed to get this shot of Brannon before he took off for his game.  I think our little B had the best time this season out of all of them!  He had a bike wreck towards the end of the season and sprained his wrist.  He was NOT happy about missing a couple practices and games.


We went back and forth about signing Elissa up because she didn't want to have much to do with it last year.  We'd have to bribe her to get her on the field for practice and games...wasn't a whole lot of fun for anyone.  But she was insistent that she wanted to play.  I'm glad we went ahead and signed her up because she had a great time!  I hope you can see in the pictures how she was practically dancing over the field!  It was so funny!  

 She loved when she got to kick the ball in!


As soon as Elissa was done with her first soccer game we took off for a birthday party for a sweet friend of her's.  I'm so glad we did!  This party was so much fun for all the girls!!!!  They got all dressed up and they did their hair and nails.  Then they had a little fashion show.  I think their favorite part was getting to ride around in a pink limo!


When the party was over it was time to grab some lunch and rush to the soccer field for Blake's first game!  Elissa and I actually watched the game from the car...it was even colder than it had been in the morning!  Oh, and where was Nate during all of this?  Thankfully, warm and snug at home with my mom!  Thanks again mom!

The cold didn't bother Blake too much!



Few days after these games....yeah, snow!



No comments: