Monday, April 13, 2009

Our spring break trip

For our spring break trip we headed down to Florida to see family. We had a great time even if it was a pretty quick trip! The kids were great travelers!! Here are some pictures we took along the way:
When we stopped for gas I got Elissa out of her seat to change her and then let her sit in her daddy's seat for a little bit while we waited. She found the bag of animal crackers and decided to have a few! As you can see the bag was almost as big as she was!
Elissa got this baby doll for her birthday and has started sleeping with it lately. She was all cuddled up with it in her seat--I thought this was so sweet! She slept very peacefully while we were stuck in traffic!
We took the kids to this beautiful park while we were down there. They had a little train you could ride around the park. We planned on letting the kids ride but they were content to watch it and were more interested in playing on the playground! I guess after the long drive they had enough of riding!

Blake especially liked to watch for the train to come through this tunnel:

As you can see (I hope) from the pictures it was a small train with benches that you kind of straddled when you rode on it.

And she's off! My daughter doesn't walk, she runs!
Playing on the playground:

Blake and Brannon had fun building with the dominos at my grandparent's home. This is a bridge Blake built! I think we may have another engineer in the works.....

Another day of our trip we took the kids to an island that had this really neat hands-on museum! They loved it! It was a lot of fun!



of course Elissa wanted to get in on the action:

Elissa playing with her Aunt Jennifer:


Family picture (Matt of course was behind the camera!)
My sweet girl--and yes, that's Tinker Bell in her hair! (A friend of mind makes the cutest Disney princess bows--let me know if you want her info)
I tried to get a pictute of all 3 looking at the camera but this is the best I could get!!
The morning we left I went to wake up the boys and this is what I found! I just couldn't resist getting a picture!

No comments: