Monday, September 26, 2011

Blake's 10th Birthday Camp Out!



Well, Blake's fun birthday weekend has come and gone and I thought I'd get some pics up to show what a fun weekend it was!! Blake invited a couple friends to come camp out with him for his birthday. Here's the invite we made--it was super easy and I thought it turned out pretty cute!

I printed off the party details (love this wood sticks font that I found and downloaded--for FREE!) and then cut the paper to fit inside the "tent"--just some brown cardstock folded into the tent shape. Then glued the details inside, punched some holes, and tied it with some camo ribbon.

I made the 2 boys who spent the night with Blake little bags with some trail mix (label just printed out with Microsoft Word using a downloaded font) and a s'more to go I then wrapped those up in a camo bandanna!


I got the girls that joined us for a cookout a slightly more girly bandanna to wrap their goodies in--I just LOVE this owl print!!! I have a bit of an owl obsession these days....



Matt and I got Blake a tent for his birthday. We weren't sure if they would actually sleep out there all night or if they would end upstairs in Blake's room or in our basement but they stayed put. And loved it!!!

It wouldn't have been a camp out without hot dogs...

...and s'mores!!!


Blake didn't want a cake for his birthday....he wanted this s'mores bar instead! We had so much fun with this!! We had regular, cinnamon, and chocolate graham crackers. Then the choice of regular, caramel swirled, or chocolate marshmallows. The kids' favorite was the GIANT marshmallows--if you haven't seen these things yet, they are insanely big!!! Then for the chocolates Blake picked regular milk chocolate, Reeses peanut butter cups, and Hershey's cookies & cream (his favorite!). Yes, there were lots of yummy combos!!!



Blake had a great birthday!! And he's so excited to be 10!!!

No comments: