Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Elissa's 2nd Birthday

I thought I'd have a chance to post some of these last night but yesterday was crazy! We had a very busy day! Even though we're having a party this weekend for Elissa, my mom and dad and sister came over for dinner last night. Jennifer took so many good pictures I had a hard time deciding which ones to post!! We had a lot of fun--even with all the craziness!!

And you all know I couldn't let Elissa go without a cake on her birthday! I made her a strawberry cake using the Wilton giant cupcake pan. I turned it into a little fairy cottage. I think she liked it!!

After she and the boys saw her cake Elissa ended up in her Tinker Bell costume....so much for her cute birthday dress! :-)
I think my little Tink likes her cake!

















Doesn't she look angelic! Yeah...don't let that face fool you ;-). I'm kidding! She really is a sweet heart but she can be a little trouble maker too!!

After the cake I gave Elissa a quick bath and put her in PJs to open her presents. Want to know something funny? I got the inspiration for the fairy on her birthday cake from the PJs she's wearing below. Then Elissa opened a few presents. We gave her some PJs that had a little tutu and she couldn't wait to put on the tutu.




Didi brought the best present!! How cute is this! Blake put it together for his sister and she took off with it! She loves it! It was the first thing she ran to this morning!!


Elissa had her 2 year check up and she now weighs 23 lbs 8oz (25%ile) and she's 33 1/2" tall (50%ile). This is very normal for Elissa as many of you know!
There were a couple of other issues though. She's had a bump on the back of her head for a while--a very tiny one. The doctor said it was probably a cyst--no big deal! But, she wanted to X-ray it just to make sure. So she wrote an order for an x-ray for us to take to the hospital. The last thing they did was a finger prick to check Elissa's blood. My little girl was awesome! She didn't cry, didn't fuss, just set there like a curious little angel while they pricked and squeezed her finger--even when they had to come back and get some more! Her blood was not so awesome. Her hemoglobin was low. So, we were given another order for the hospital to have some blood drawn. The doctor said the quick test could be false but they wanted to make sure. So this morning we went to the hospital to have an X-ray and have some blood drawn. I was very nervous about my baby having blood drawn!! I wanted to cry anytime I thought about it. It obviously wasn't as tear free as the finger prick but she calmed down quickly and enjoyed her stickers. Turns out I should have been more nervous about the X-ray. That was HORRIBLE!!! I think she was afraid that she was going to get pricked again when they laid her down--she did NOT want to lay down. There were 2 nurses holding her and then I was at her head trying to get her to be still. I felt so bad for her. She was angry and scared--and I started to feel the same way although I tried my best to be calm! The best thing about our trip to the hospital--we were in and out in about 40 minutes!
So, now we're just praying everything comes back normal!! She is such a happy, busy, smart child that it's hard to think otherwise!! She's talking up a storm--even if we can't understand it all! She can tell us what she needs, wants, or doesn't want pretty well now. She likes to help me do things around the house--especially unloading the dishwasher. This is adorable--even if a little frustrating at times ;-). She loves her baby dolls and books. She loves her "Bake" and "Beedah." She really is such a sweet and fun child. I can't believe she's 2 years old already!! It feels like she just got here!! But I can't imagine our lives without her either!!




Elissa after her trip to the hospital

2 comments:

Nicole Bolinger said...

elissa is ADORABLE!!! I love the PJ's too...where did you get them??? ANd you cake making skills are incredible!!! If I lived closer you would so be making all my cakes!!! VEry impressive!! And I also love the stroller (can you tel I have girls)!! So sweet Brandon put it together for her!! Fun times!

The Copelands said...

Thank you Nicole!! I got the PJs she was wearing at Carters and the others (the one with the tutu) at Kohl's.